WHAT IS A HOME HEALTHCARE AGENCY?
Home healthcare agencies exist to serve people with medical needs that can be met outside a hospital setting. Clients of home healthcare agencies like Accord Services can receive skilled nursing care, as well as other personal assistance, in the comfort of their own homes.
WHY DO YOU NEED SOMEONE IN YOUR HOME?
Caregivers are there to ensure your safety as you heal and to be there for you in case of an emergency. Caregivers are also there to help you become as independent as possible. Accord Services will provide in-home nursing services for you based on your doctor’s recommendations.
WHAT IS A CARE PLAN?
A care plan serves to keep everyone involved in your care – the nursing staff and other team members – on the same page. There can be a lot of people involved in the care of complex injuries, so it’s especially important for everyone to understand the plan for your care. Accord Services’ nursing team will put together a plan for your in-home care with your input, and in accordance with your doctor’s orders.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT KINDS OF NURSES?
- RNs are Registered Nurses. They provide highly skilled care and oversee the administration of medications.
- LPNs are Licensed Practical Nurses. They also provide skilled care and they handle bowel and bladder needs, as well as medication administration.
- CNAs are Certified Nursing Assistants. Their role is to assist you with the activities of daily living.
WHO IS YOUR CARE TEAM?
Your team will include your physician(s), your case manager, your family, and the Accord Services® staff assigned to you.
- Your physician will manage and provide all your medical care.
- Your case manager will facilitate your care and manage the vendors of all the services you need, such as equipment, transportation, and nursing care.
- Accord Services’ staff will be there to take care of your clinical needs.
WHO IS ON THE ACCORD SERVICES CARE TEAM?
The members of your team from Accord Services will include:
- Nurse Case Supervisor
- Staffing Coordinator
- Director of Clinical Services
HOW DOES ACCORD SERVICES ESTABLISH A GOOD RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CLIENTS AND CAREGIVERS?
Caregivers are professionals who are trained to ensure your safety and good health. They are expected to treat you with courtesy and professionalism, and they will hope for the same from you. They are not guests in your home and you should not feel obligated to treat them as such. When they meet your needs, they are doing their job.
WHAT ARE STANDARDS OF PROFESSIONALISM FOR ACCORD SERVICES?
- No smoking in a client’s home
- No visitors at a client’s home at any time, under any circumstances
- No use of client’s property, including consumption of food or use of any personal property
- No borrowing money from clients
- No transporting of client or client’s family members in caregiver’s personal car*
- No handling of any client finances – including paying bills and purchasing anything with use of client’s cash or credit cards
- Caregivers are also required to ensure that personal grooming (e.g. length of fingernails, wearing of jewelry, and use of any scented products) does not compromise client safety and comfort
- Caregivers are not permitted to cut client’s fingernails or toenails (for safety reasons)
- Fraternizing is not allowed between caregiver, caregiver’s family, client, or client’s family
*Caregivers may transport client in the client’s car if client requests it and if client carries insurance on the car. All caregivers who will drive clients will have their Motor Vehicle Reports obtained and screened before being able to drive clients.
WHAT CAREGIVERS CAN AND CAN’T DO FOR YOU?
Caregivers are there to ensure your safety, health, and comfort. Do not hesitate to ask them for help if you need it!
- Keep in mind that their job is to take care of you and only you. They are not permitted to take their attention away from you in tending to the needs of anyone else in your household.
- Their most important job is to be alert and energetic at a moment’s notice, if an emergency arises.
- Caregivers work on your behalf, but they are employees of Accord Services.
MAKE A CLIENT REFERRAL
To make a client referral, please fill out the form here. You can also contact Accord Services using the following:
We believe our first responsibility is to our patients and nurses. For us they are close family, but we treat everyone as an individual. We value our nurse’s kindness, compassion and the comfort they bring to their patients. But more than that our nurses are innovative in meeting our patients’ needs. We respect the dignity of our patients and do everything we can for their physical and mental health. At Accord you will see a powerful ethic of caring, work and family.
ACCORD SERVICES: INDIVIDUALIZED, COMPREHENSIVE AND FAMILY ORIENTED